How To Create a Buyer Journey – Slideshare
Buyer Journeys are the foundation of a customer-centric approach to marketing. They are hard to do well.
We have seen many companies struggle to get beyond personas. Others create buyer journeys that follow the complete buying cycle, but they lack customer insight and don’t help much.
We feel that buyer journeys are worth the effort to do well.
- Here are some things we believe are fundamental to creating a useful buyer journey:
- Document Buyer Collectives that reflect how each of your ICPs buys
- Create personas for the buyer champions and a few influencers. But these are just the start
- Design the journey for each persona around how THEY buy, not how YOU market (hint: we think AIDA reflects the latter not how customers buy)
- Gather as much insight as you can from many different sources. Do customer interviews.
- Be detailed. Expect that these will be long (maybe even a little overwhelming)
- Then build your content and tactical marketing plan around these
Below is a bit more detail on how this is done.
Check out this post for more details.